Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall and the Farmington Fair


In Farmington, fall is ushered in by nothing short of the biggest display of local color we see all year: The week of the Farmington Fair. Smoky's Greater Shows comes to town for one week, and then we know it is really, truly the season for crisp apples and cider and cinnamon donuts and doughboys and bloomin' onions and that bite in the air.

Though I spent too much time there this year, (maybe it was to make up for the last two years when I've missed it?) two afternoons were worth it: one with my sister and one with my dear, darling grandmother.











1 comment:

  1. I miss the farmington fair too! Remember when we went together in fourth and/or fifth grade with Becca? I remember Becca didnt want to go on any motion rides and you didnt want to go in the haunted houses. :) Good times. Anyway im excited about following your blog as your adventures continue. The writing is great; keep it up!

    ReplyDelete