Thursday, July 8, 2010

We're off to find the Wizard...

I am young. The world is wide. It is mine to explore and experience, to appreciate and discover.

Why we write about exotic, far-away places is easy to explain: Who doesn't like to share their adventures, and who doesn't like to read about real-life adventures of real-life people? Why we write about the places we see everyday or places that aren't all that adventurous, however, takes a little bit more explanation. I'll write about these places because any and all exploration counts when discovering this world around us. As infants, the world is new every day: we see new objects, places, and people; we hear new sounds, music and words; we taste new foods and smell new scents. The world around us is exhilarating, terrifying, and altogether wondrous when we have spent so little time here. As we grow, and spend more and more time in this world, we sometimes forget the majesty of a common object or smell or taste. I know that as I've grown, I have started to take everyday wonders for granted, and have stopped seeing the magic of all things.

So, this will be a documentation of my explorations of the open road, beckoning horizon, places I have been, and places I have not yet even dreamed of seeing. Some will be far, far away, and some will be close to home.

This will be a place of discovery, and of finding the wonder again.

No comments:

Post a Comment