Thursday, July 8, 2010

Here we go!

To start this whole thing off with a bang: in the coming year, I'll be traveling to Nicaragua, Cambodia and Costa Rica for both international volunteerism and personal travel.

I'll be headed in Nicaragua in October with a group from my hometown for Amigos for Christ. We’ll be building a clinic, and I’ll have the chance to assist and observe surgery in a third world country.

The second week of November puts me in Cambodia for four months with Projects Abroad. I’ll be living and working in Phnom Penh, teaching English to children ages 5 – 16 at one of the many orphanages in the city for three of those months. In the remaining time, I’ll be travelling around the country, experiencing the wonders of this country that has just recently become safe for tourism.

In March, I’ll be in Costa Rica for a month of surf and yoga camp at La Escuela del Sol. Five days a week, I’ll have two 90-minute sessions of yoga instruction and four hours of surf instruction. On the weekends, the camp offers outings and hikes to waterfalls and other beaches and swimming holes in the area.

In each place, I’ll have Internet access and so I’ll be keeping this up to date with pictures and stories of the joy and magic on a (hopefully) regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment